You know you’ve played too much Shining Force when…

You found the easter egg! This one’s just for fun and was compiled by Moogie and John Glinn a great many years ago.

  • … you shout “Egress” at the first sign of trouble.
  • … you go up to the attic and open chests to look for weapons.
  • … you think that eating blue M&Ms will restore 60 HP.
  • … a friend says, “Speak of the Devil” and you reply, “Which one amongst the Greater Devils?”
  • … a form asks for your religion and you fill in “Mitula worship”.
  • … you begin to refer to your friends as your Force.
  • … you make a friend, and you say “You have joined the Force”.
  • … you think that your vicar can raise the dead and cure poisons.
  • … you go to the library and ask the librarian on duty for the Secret Book.
  • … you ask your vicar to promote you.
  • … you insist that your ring makes you look like a hamster.
  • … you refuse to eat eggs in case they contain a “Magic Creature”.
  • … you insist that only Lunar Dew can cure your headache.
  • … you begin to tell people that Dark Dragon is awakening / Zeon is reviving.
  • … you refuse to hang around with more than 11 other people at a time.
  • … you call your home “Head Quarters” and your closest friend your “Advisor”.
  • … you meet a new person and ask them for their fighting class and level.
  • … you visit a graveyard and dig up the graves, “Just to make sure they’re dead”.
  • … you suspect that Black Forest Gateaux might be cursed.
  • … you search everywhere for anything which might have absolutely no use.
  • … you claim that Volcanon will protect you.
  • … you turn 20 and insist that you are now a Hero.
  • … you threaten to cast anyone who annoys you into another dimension.
  • … you threaten to return in 1,000 years should anyone use the above threat on you.
  • … you search for old hags in the forest.
  • … on your birthday you proudly tell everyone that you “Just went up a level”.
  • … you name your pet rat “Willard”.
  • … at the first sign of facial hair, you believe you are becoming a Wolf Baron.
  • … you’re certain that you can fit at least 30 friends in your 4-berth caravan.
  • … your friends ask why you just threw a stone into the river, and you reply “I’m looking for the blacksmith”.
  • … you ask every old man with a beard whether you can have the dynamite yet.
  • … you refuse to play chess, on the grounds that “Someone might get hurt”.